June 14, 2019, Prague, Czech Republic
- We discussed about having a Lighting Design Sub-Commission meeting during Lux Light Festival Helsinki, Finland
- Kimmo has sent separate invitations to Lighting Design Sub-commission, Education Commission and OISTAT Headquarter.
- Todd and I have discussed the possible involvement of OISTAT/Lighting Design Sub-commission in upcoming USITT in Houston, Texas April of 2020
- Todd proposed and is working on bringing a European lighting designers group along with some students to USITT
- It is illustrated that if OISTAT can work on bringing some international students from local centers or institutions that it would be beneficial
- I am working on having a Lighting Design Sub-commission/OISTAT EC Meeting in Mumbai, India the date will be shared soon.
- I am working on having a collaboration with ETC, Madison- 3 Days of the seminar on contemporary entertainment technology and lighting ETC has yet to confirm this but the talks are ongoing
- We are hoping to have a detailed program for WSD 2021 by the end of this year, we will begin working on finalization as soon the Calgary proposals are out.
- We discussed having a reservoir of lighting designs by OISTAT members if members agree we can begin submitting lighting designs and images to Headquarters or in BaseCamp.
I am trying to organize an online meeting with sub-commission members, However, after repeated efforts, I have yet to receive confirmation from any members. I also tried to create a single document of the Lighting Design Sub-commission’s member profiles and their headshots, so far I have only received 3 members. I am requesting to members and Headquarters that they expedite the submission of their headshots and profiles as this document is highly valuable for us concerning us negotiating with host institutions.
In the mailing list of members, there are quite a few emails that are bouncing back I am requesting headquarters to correct those or send new ones.