This year the Sound Working Group is very excited to be contributing to OISTAT Day at the 2015 Prague Quadrennial on Saturday, June 20, 2015. Our members and associates are putting together a series of short "Pecha-Kucha" style presentations that we'll offer throughout the day called ListenHear, after our dear friend and former Head of the OISTAT Sound Design Group, Steve Brown's website.
June 20 at OISTAT Day
ListenHear presentations are short, informal and designed to introduce both you and what you are doing to the the Sound Design Group and the rest of the world.
1. The purpose of the presentation is to informally share with us what you have been up to, what is interesting you at the moment, something about your work in sound; consider all of this very broadly. If somebody doesn't like someone's presentation, there'll be another one along in a few minutes! This will be a wonderful opportunity to let PQ'ers learn more about who is who in our Sound Design Group, and what's sorts of things we all do!
2. There will be a large projection screen for your visuals and a sound system for any audio you include in your Powerpoint Presentation;
3. You need to come up with 20 PowerPoint slides; these can be as simple as an image or text, or could include multi-media content;
4. Each slide must be automatically sequenced to advance at twenty second intervals;
5. This means that your presentation, once we hit the "start" button, will run 400 seconds, or 6:40, and we will cut you off promptly at the end!
How to Submit?
Space is limited, submit as soon as possible. Send PowerPoint Presentation or raw materials (with a short title and description of proposed presentation ) to Rick Thomas (zoonds me.com) by June 2. ( Dropbox preferred)